Master in Bilingual Education
Major in Bilingual and Multicultural Education
The Master of Education in Bilingual Education prepares students to work as teachers in bilingual and multicultural schools and to function effectively in a culturally diverse environment. It is designed to help bilingual teachers develop effective teaching, create higher quality education systems for all, and play a leadership role in the classroom, school, and district by increasing educational opportunities and access to the workplace for second language learners and their families.
GRADUATE PROFESSIONAL PROFILE
In the Master’s Degree in Bilingual Education, Major in: Bilingual and Multicultural Education professionals are given the necessary knowledge to work competently as teachers in bilingual and multicultural schools. This professional has the skills to offer an effective education, to develop educational systems of higher quality for all and to play a leadership role in the classroom and school by increasing the educational opportunities and the access to the workplace for second language learners and their families. He is also able to play the roles of planner and designer of study and instructional programs that respond to the racial, cultural, linguistic and social class differences that facilitate learning, presenting innovative and didactic proposals.
GRADUATE ENTRY REQUIREMENT
Applicants who completed a bachelor degree issued by a national or foreign higher-education institute.
- Not completed studies:
Graduate applicants who did not complete a master degree program and have official transcripts from studies issued by national or foreign higher-education institution who want to get credit transfer for recognition of prior learning from other universities.
- Bachelor degree issued by a national or a foreign higher-education institution.
- Official transcripts (only for applicants with prior uncompleted master degree studies who require academic credit transfer from other national or foreign higher-education institution).
- Valid identification (citizen ID or passport for foreign citizens).
- Proof of admission and registration fees payment.
- Official transcripts and degrees issued by foreign university education institutions must have the corresponding legal translation (this requirement has to be processed by the applicant).
- Official transcripts and degrees issued by foreign university education institutions must have the certification issued by a credential evaluation agency accredited in the United States for recognition of international education qualifications (this process is managed by FGU).
CORE COURSES (8 Courses / 24 CH)
|Foundations of Teaching in a Bilingual and Multicultural Environment||3|
|Advanced Topics of Educational Psychology||3|
|Teaching Foreign and Second Languages Online||3|
|Equity in Classroom Assessment||3|
|Literacy Across the Content Areas||3|
|Cross Cultural Communication and Understanding||3|
|Global English in a Multicultural Environment||3|
|Diverse Learners and Community Engagement||3|
MAJOR IN BILINGUAL AND MULTICULTURAL EDUCATION (4 Courses / 12 CH)
|Major in Bilingual and Multicultural Education|
|Methods of Teaching Integrated World Language||3|
|Curriculum and Materials for Teaching Foreign and Second Languages||3|
|Language Testing and Evaluation||3|
|Foreign and Second Languages in the Content Area||3|