Master in Digitalization
Major in Digital Journalism
The Master in Digitalization, major in Digital Journalism, combines creativity with the knowledge and skills in technologies and businesses, with emphasis on digital media performance. When referring to digital media, it ranges from electronic books to social networks, using technologies, platforms and data that can be spread in a global way. Participants learn not only to manage technologies, but also to lead teams. This program focuses on digital media legislation, online journalism, contemporary digital journalism technologies, and digital multimedia production.
GRADUATE PROFESSIONAL PROFILE
The graduate from the master’s degree in Digitalization, major in Digital Journalism gains the knowledge and skills to work creatively in the digital media, ranging from e-books to networks using technologies, platforms and data that can be disseminated globally. He is trained not only to manage the technologies, but also to conduct market digital media research. His expertise includes legislation on digital media, online journalism, contemporary technologies of digital journalism and multimedia production. He is a professional able to analyze global trends of the digital era with formal theoretical frameworks of social and technological change, because he understands the complexities of human development, as well as the challenges that arise when intervening in the social evolution, especially in times of rapid change.
GRADUATE ENTRY REQUIREMENT
Applicants who completed a bachelor degree issued by a national or foreign higher-education institute.
- Not completed studies:
Graduate applicants who did not complete a master degree program and have official transcripts from studies issued by national or foreign higher-education institution who want to get credit transfer for recognition of prior learning from other universities.
- Bachelor degree issued by a national or a foreign higher-education institution.
- Official transcripts (only for applicants with prior uncompleted master degree studies who require academic credit transfer from other national or foreign higher-education institution).
- Valid identification (citizen ID or passport for foreign citizens).
- Proof of admission and registration fees payment.
- Official transcripts and degrees issued by foreign university education institutions must have the corresponding legal translation (this requirement has to be processed by the applicant).
- Official transcripts and degrees issued by foreign university education institutions must have the certification issued by a credential evaluation agency accredited in the United States for recognition of international education qualifications (this process is managed by FGU).