Master in Management of Information Technology
Major in Security
This program focuses on management decision making analytical problem solving and the application of theoretical constructs on the operational basis of security established on an information technology framework. Industry, army and government executives who obtain this degree will include preservation of confidentiality and information protection, risk management, data and system integrity, availability, authenticity and utility, all set in a strategic business context.
GRADUATE PROFESSIONAL PROFILE
The graduate of the master’s degree in Information Technologies Management, major in Security, has extensive knowledge and skills to manage current and emerging technologies within an organization, focused on decision-making with an emphasis on integral network management in terms of technological resources for the administration, storage and transmission of data in organizations and in the evaluation of alternative solutions to security issues. He has advanced knowledge of networks, equipment and strategies for the managerial decision-making focused in analytical solution of problems and in the application of solutions on the basis of security in an information technology framework; he also manages the technical and project direction in the field of Information Technology security and ensures the informatics security of an organization.
GRADUATE ENTRY REQUIREMENT
Applicants who completed a bachelor degree issued by a national or foreign higher-education institute.
- Not completed studies:
Graduate applicants who did not complete a master degree program and have official transcripts from studies issued by national or foreign higher-education institution who want to get credit transfer for recognition of prior learning from other universities.
- Bachelor degree issued by a national or a foreign higher-education institution.
- Official transcripts (only for applicants with prior uncompleted master degree studies who require academic credit transfer from other national or foreign higher-education institution).
- Valid identification (citizen ID or passport for foreign citizens).
- Proof of admission and registration fees payment.
- Official transcripts and degrees issued by foreign university education institutions must have the corresponding legal translation (this requirement has to be processed by the applicant).
- Official transcripts and degrees issued by foreign university education institutions must have the certification issued by a credential evaluation agency accredited in the United States for recognition of international education qualifications (this process is managed by FGU).